Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Treasures

Each fall I get so excited to take pictures of my kids for my wall. This year there was a different feeling. I still wanted to get pictures with the fall leaves and colors but changing them wasn't as exciting. I now have one picture that will never need changed. It will forever be the same. I have thought about just changing it to a different one, but he will never grow or be any different. It is hard to fathom sometimes that it wasn't all just one big, bad dream.

I love this wall in my home, these are my treasures, even though two of them will likely be waiting for me on the other side. These are four of my biggest blessings. I am grateful for each one of them even with the heartaches that come with them.

It isn't easy and probably never will be, but what in life is easy? I truly believe with all my heart that the Lord gives us what we can handle and nothing more. I know He knows we can endure but sometimes it is hard to be on the same page. I would have never guessed that this would be my life or my future. I would have never even thought about being able to handle what I have been given, but when He gives it to you; you find a way to make it. Even though I would not have hand picked these trials I would not give them back now. I have been blessed with two very special choice spirits that have changed my life, my attitude and pretty much everything about me. I am a different person now than I was before. I hope it is for the better and if not I pray that I get there. I also believe He gives us what we need to help us through our trials. I know I would not be where I am without Lenn, Bentley and Abby. We both have great families and friends and people who have become family since Owen was born. We are where we are because of all you special people in our lives. Because of Owen and Landry we have been blessed to meet and come in contact with some amazing people that we would have never met without them.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wall!! Such great trasures and memories to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall is so beautiful, I love the Family saying on top. So cute. I don't know where you find the strength you obviously have. What a special spirit you are to have those 2 wonderful boys in your life. I do feel your pain when you write about Landry and I am so sorry for you. Even after 12 years I still miss the little man that we would've had. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes it seems like it's been a hundred years. Life is kind of crazy like that. :) Take care. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete