Sunday, July 31, 2016

Talking with angels


I remember the day I took this picture. It's blurry because it was with my phone away from Owen and I had to zoom in so I didn't disturb him. This is what I would refer to him 'talking with angels'. I would be in the kitchen or somewhere away from Owen and I would hear him 'talking' happily. He would be making noises while smiling. The first few times I rushed over and started talking to him because I thought it was so cute. When I would get to him and start talking he would give me the look! It was like I just brought him back to reality. The look of why in the world did you disturb me ;) He had quite the personality!

The first times that I really realized and took note of this was when I was pregnant with Landry. I was telling my sister one day and she said "he's talking to his little brother". After that when I would hear him I would quietly listen and watch from afar. He would make noises and smile and his eyes were either closed (because that's what happened when he smiled) or he would be looking up at nothing or what I thought was nothing.

I know he was close to those around us that we may not see. I am pretty sure he was never alone, in fact there were times when we had scary situations with Owen. It was all pretty much a blur during the moment. As I reflected on the situation I realized we weren't alone, I call these heavenly hands. After one situation I thought about what had happened and I knew that Lenn and I were not alone at all. The room was full, more than just Lenn, Owen, Bentley, Abby and myself. I am not sure how exactly how to explain what I felt but I know we had a lot of helpers that night and many other nights. Maybe it was because Owen was so friendly during these talks of his.

I will never forget these or the spirit this little guy was surrounded with. He really was my strength and I miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment